Sweet

Sunday, February 20, 2011

SD Blizzard 2011

Well the weathermen were pretty accurate on their forecasts this time! At around 1am I started hearing sleet pelt the screen on my bedroom window. It went on for awhile so thinking it might be icey under all this snow! At 8am this morning, Wes had to go down to the elevator a few blocks down the back road from our house, here in Midland. He said the pickup was scraping the snow! If he would have let off the gas pedal he would have just stopped right there. He estimated we had 14" plus snow at that time and it wasn't done yet!
We were supposed to go to New Underwood for my nephews birthday party today but of course that was post poned. And no church eithor because of the weather. It is so nice to just be home and not have to worry about going anywhere. Doing laundry, dishes, getting things put away that build up during the week. Thinking about baking too! Maybe some soup too?
I had a fun day yesterday. My friend Renee had invited me to come scrapbook which I have only done once in the last 4 years. It was starting to snow a little so wasn't sure I should go but then it cleared up so off I went to Kadoka! It was a fun afternnoon of visiting and getting started scrapping again. Then I went to see Grandpa Shorty at his new place and visited with him, Aunt Joyce & Aunt Velma. I even got the guys a treat - (gizzards) before I came home and got to visit with Star and find out how more family was doing.
So far it has been a nice weekend and I get tomorrow off too so I may just do some more scrapbooking!
Hope all my family & friends are home safe & warm. Thank you Lord for my family and my nice warm house. Please be with all those that are not so fortunate and those we care so much about that are going through some tough times. Please bless Grace in her fight against this terrible cancer and our friend Will, Richard, Heather, Pam, and be with Delia's family as her fight is now over and she is with our heavenly family.
~ Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment